Putting yourself out there.

Hello Lovelies,

How often do you expose your innermost thoughts to others?

Bloggers do it all the time. That's what it's about, the blogosphere, baring all.

I don't normally share deeply personal details or perhaps even too many details of my life (mainly because it would be boring!) on this blog. I don't want to involve my family or friends too much though they do pop up occasionally. But when I sit here before my computer screen with a blank page before me, I aim to share a little snippet of what has been on my mind lately. A few of my innermost thoughts And that is a little bit scary. Maybe if I posted more often it would be less so but each time I click on the "publish" icon which is just over there on the top right, I feel nervous.

What if it's boring? What if I sound like a whinger? A snob? A self-centred, boring, whinging snob? What if I just sound dumb? What will people think? What will you think? Of me?

Oh, that's right, it's all about me.....there it is, the essence of today's post. It always appears a few paragraphs in so I should probably go back and delete the start but that's how I get here. We are always so caught up in ourselves. It's debilitating this disease of self-ness. It stops us from being open and honest with each other (What will they think?). It makes us hesitate before we express our feelings (What if they don't feel the same way?). It makes us experience mental pain every time someone even accidentally says something that we perceive as a slight. We are so vulnerable with this strong sense of "I" that we can be paralyzed by it.

But perhaps worst of all, it can stop us from following our dreams. To follow our heart requires courage, the courage to be wrong or to look silly. When we chase our dreams we may fail or find that others don't understand where we are coming from, our dreams might be before (or after!) their time. But when we don't follow our dreams, when we don't at least try in some way to be true to what is deep in our hearts, then a little bit of us dies. Our dream self dies. Our dreamer self becomes buried under our safe conforming self and our little secret wish, our own unique offering, is lost to the world.

I believe that we all have something wonderful to share with this world and that we know what this is only through listening to our heart's deepest desires, the really quiet wishes that lurk inside our minds even when we try to ignore them or push them away. I am quite sure that you know what yours is and it doesn't have to be any grand, clever, amazing thing. It might just be a wish to try your hand at something, a what-if, a place you'd love to visit, a person you want to call......

Maybe you already follow your heart's desires or perhaps you choose to keep your secret passion to yourself. But just check that your little bit of wonderfulness is not being hidden away simply because of this more bossy (and scared) "I". Because that "I" is just a figment of our imagination. If we ignore them they might just go away. That's what I am trying to do anyway. With a little success, sometimes.

"Go confidently in the direction of you dreams. Live the life you've imagined."
Henry David Thoreau.  

Thanks for reading.

Good luck and love, love, love, K.x

Comments

Popular Posts