Shadows and light.



Hello Lovelies,

I have just finished a beautiful meditation here in the front room of my place where I work and meditate and the kids wrestle and visitors sleep. As I sat down on my meditation cushion the sun was just touching my left knee and as I finished, it had travelled across my body and rested on my right. I sit here writing now with the sun on my side and my legs and soon it will be at my back. There seems something symbolic in all this movement of light and shadow. For me right now it is about the passing of time, hour by hour, day by day, year by year and about checking that I am living this swiftly passing life in the way that seems the most meaningful. To me. 




Of course, this will vary for us all but worth checking all the same. I have realised that this is what my novel is about. It is a story about finding and following your own truth. (More re-writing!) As I get older it seems increasingly important to do and be whatever suits me. To let go of anyone else's expectations that sometimes fill my head and be whoever the hell I want to be. I definitely don't mean this in a way of disregarding the needs or feelings of others because that is part of who I want to be, someone who cares.

I have an amazing friend who told me that she was happy to be getting older (in some ways!) because it meant that she no longer worried about the opinions of others so much and she found a strength of purpose that sees her doing incredible things right now. Actually she has always done incredible things but just now feels very secure in her sense of self and her way forward.

Perhaps as time moves on we develop more of an urgency to accomplish what we'd set out to do and be the best version of ourselves, according to ourselves.

When I started the website imagine365, I had a phone meeting with this web based entrepreneur and he asked how many people I would like to visit my site. I said one thousand. He asked me if that was 1000 a year, a month, a week? To be honest I wasn't sure as I hadn't thought any of it out very much but I answered, one thousand a day. So far the most I have accomplished is 135 in one day. But I just thought I'd put the wish out there and see what happens.

It was a free phone meeting and the guy didn't quite get the idea behind imagine365 because I hadn't yet linked in any way to make money from the site and that was what most of the people he worked with were about. Now don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against money but I am still not sure about that side of it.

What I do know is that I believe in the power of our minds to create our reality and my wish for imagine365 is that anyone who visits or contributes to the site develops positive states of mind and an openness to amazing possibility. I want us to create the world that we want for ourselves and each other. So far, the contributions have certainly embodied this wish.

So if you haven't visited the site recently then please go to http://imagine365.org/ and scroll through the most recent imaginings, maybe add your own by clicking on the pink "What do you imagine?" button and share the site with others in whatever way suits you. I hope you enjoy it.

Maybe this is how I will get to that 1000 visitors in a day. I will let you know when I do.

Love, love, love K.x        

Comments

Popular Posts